Plex Media Server v126.96.36.19987
Author: kakalot on 7-12-2016, 04:44, Views: 43
Plex Media Server v188.8.131.5287 | 100.1 Mb
Plex Media Server facilitates a simple solution for uploading local media files and streaming it online, thus creating a media server that can be accessed by you and your friends to enjoy movies, TV shows, music, photos and home videos, regardless of your location worldwide. All of this can be achieved from a web interface.
Accessibility via the system tray
After a quick and uneventful setup procedure, Plex Media Server creates an icon in the taskbar notifications at startup, thus allowing you to rapidly bring up the web interface and manage media content, regardless of the workspace you're currently working in.
Not mentioned in the installer is that the tool automatically starts at Windows boot, and this option can be disabled from the tray icon's context menu.
Attractive web interface
It may take a while for the media manager to load in the web browser. As far as looks goes, Plex Media Server is sleek and sophisticated, thanks to a dark theme and intuitively displayed buttons.
So, you can add a new library by selecting its type between movies, TV shows, music, photos and home videos, along with library name and language. It is possible to include folders with the containing media files, as well as to customize advanced settings in regard to the scanner and agent. The content can be optionally included in the dashboard.
Manage library content easily
It is possible to sort items by various criteria, edit general information such as year, tagline, genre and collection, add posters, banners and backgrounds, play media within the browser, put together a playlist with multiple media files and randomize them, synchronize library content to the local files, use a search location to locate a particular file, as well as track all activity performed you and other users with access to the media library.
Evaluation and conclusion
No error dialogs were shown in our testing, and the program did not hang or crash. It has minimal impact on computer performance, thanks to the fact that it runs on low CPU and memory. However, it sometimes takes a long while to load media. Other than that, Plex Media Server features an impressive set of intuitive features for all users who want to easily stream their local media files to a media center.
Organize your media chaos:
• Plex organizes your media, makes your collections look great, and makes it easier than ever to find what you're looking for.
Sharing is caring:
• Expand your media universe by sharing. Plex lets you easily pick and choose what to share with family and friends, giving everyone access to all your favorite stuff.
Offline enjoyment (Premium only):
• Mobile Sync lets you sync movies, music, and photos to your mobile device for offline enjoyment wherever your life may take you.
User control (Premium only):
• Keep the kiddos away from stuff they shouldn't see with parental controls. Or, if you have several people under the same roof, give them each their own managed account.
• Any format
• Available anywhere
• Library organization
• Privacy and security
• Recommendations and discovery
• No storage limit
• Online channels
• Remote control
• Media optimizer
• Watch Later
New in version 184.108.40.20687
• (Web) Updated Plex Web to 2.10.10
• (Media Flags) Updated bundle
• Playback issues on Roku, iOS and other platforms.
• Occasional server hangs during video playback.
In Archive: Plex Media Server Installation Guide
OS: Windows 7 / 8 / 10 (32/64-bit) and 2008 R2 / Server 2012
All Link Download :